Saturday, January 22, 2011

Count Down to Emigration...305 days.

I was hoping to get my visa application in the post today, but unfortunately I am not quite ready yet.  There are still a couple of things I need to do.  First there was a slight problem with one of my statutory declarations, but the corrected version should be in the post now.  Secondly B still needs to write the final version of his 'History of Relationship' statement.  B should hopefully have time to finish that off tomorrow, so posting it next weekend should still be do-able, and my self made deadline of submitting the application by the end of January can still be achieved.  The wodge of paper that makes up the application is huge, and is going to cost a fortune to post, but at least it only has to go to London rather than Australia.

Getting the forms submitted will not be the end of the process.  I will still need to get both my health and character checks performed.  Both these checks are only valid for a year from the date of issue, and so I don't want to get them done too soon.  However I still want the application sent off now, so that the process can at least begin to get underway.

I haven't yet heard any confirmation that the APC have received my application, but that form did have to go to Australia so I was not expecting it immediately.  With any luck I will hear from them soon, then I can start planning for the exam.  I have been thinking more and more that when I get to Australia I will probably try to find a job in community pharmacy rather than in hospital.  This seems a bit like selling my soul, I do prefer hospital pharmacy (in theory), but I have become so frustrated with on-calls and staff shortages, that I would just like a change.

B has been very busy recently sorting through all our belongings, deciding what we can sell and what we want to take with us.  He has also started to actually box things up ready such as photo albums, and things we are not going to need before we go.  We are going to use the spare room of the house as a store room for these boxes, then when we get the shipping company round, it will be easier for them to give us an accurate quote.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment