Saturday, April 16, 2011

Count Down to Emigration...222 days.

I know I always say I shouldn't post blogs when I am on-call, as it always sours my mood.  But here goes anyway.  The topic of on-calls has been souring my mood even before this particular episode started, due to in no small part the future changes in on-call payments.  Agenda for change came in to being around the time I graduated, and ever since then it has caused no end of conflict between NHS staff.   For readers outside the UK, or indeed the NHS, agenda for change was supposed to bring consistency between pay scales for all NHS employees.  The latest goal is to try and bring on-call payments in line, this has taken a long time as no one can agree, now it is up to each individual trust to come up with its own system, so much for consistency.  The long and short of it is , we will be facing a pay cut.  Now as you all know, I despise on-calls, and to now find out we are no longer receiving a fair payment for the service (we calculated it to be around £1 an hour, with the new proposal), I am now ready to leave hospital pharmacy once and for all.  Saying this I can't be too judgemental as I will be going to Australia soon, and their systems maybe different, for a start they don't have the NHS.  Still I spent most of yesterday evening looking for alternative career paths, unfortunately there is nothing I would really want to do that doesn't require years of extra study, and I've had enough of being a student.  There is always a third option.....stay in our house in Indonesia and work on a farm.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment