Sunday, January 16, 2011

Count Down to Emigration...312 days.

Today as planned I submitted my APC qualification assessment form along with my request for a 'letter of good standing' from the GPhC.



This is a massive step forward, and means I am now getting closer to being able to work as a pharmacist in Australia.  Obviously this will all count for nothing if I don't also sort out my visa.  The form I have sent off today is not an application for an exam, but an assessment of how similar my qualifications and experience match those required by Australian pharmacists.  This will determine whether I meet the stream A or stream B entry requirements.  Most foreign nationals will need to go through stream A, this means several exams, a whole year internship followed by more exams.  Pharmacist from the UK, Canada and a few other countries would usually qualify for stream B.  Stream B is a much quicker process, it involves a single written competency exam, followed by about a months supervised practice after which there is a short oral legislation exam.  For people planning to move to Australia on a key skills visa the APC also use this form to assess whether you score enough points to gain the visa.

The 'letter of good standing' from the GPhC is a necessary part of the APC assessment, it is provided directly by the GPhC to the APC, and states whether or not I've been a good pharmacist or not.



I do not know how long it will take the APC to complete this assessment but I am hoping it wont take too long.  If possible I want to take the first examination whilst I am still in the UK, so that I can start my supervised practice as soon as we arrive in Australia.  Now all I can do is wait, but I can't be too idle as I need to finish off the last few little pieces of my visa application, and get B to do his then we are all set to go.  My plans to submit all my applications by the end of January is looking much more plausible.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment