Two men from Pickfords are downstairs right now, packing up our lives into boxes, whilst this goes on B is sleeping off a hangover. The van they brought was not as big as we were expecting, and they've already had to drive back to the depot to get more boxes, I hope this doesn't mean it's going to cost any more. Still they are making good progress and should hopefully be finished in a couple of hours.
We had our leaving party last night, and it was an amazing success. There were a lot of emotional goodbyes, and far too much alcohol consumed, hence B's current predicament. It didn't help that after we left the party, B's old work colleagues insisted we follow them to a night club. I was good (or boring) and didn't drink any more, someone had to look after the bags, and stop Skippy McBruce going walkabout. I'm now even more glad I stopped when I did as I still have a clear head to get through today.
It's going to be a big relief once the men from Pickfords finish, and our house will finally be empty. Leaving us to finish packing the remainder of our belongings into our rucksacks ready for the off. There's defiantly no going back now.
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment