Thursday, May 3, 2012

Final Exam.

So yesterday I had my legislation exam, hopefully the last exam I will ever have to take. It was at the AHPRA office at 111 Bourke street in the CBD, at 1:30pm, although it started late as they had someone else in before me.  It was not really like any exam I have ever had before, and it felt more like a job interview than an exam only there wasn't any difficult questions like 'tell me about yourself' or 'give an example where you have worked as part of a team'.

There were two people conducting the 'exam' and they made me feel pretty relaxed from the off, and even of I didn't know an answer to a specific question they would talk me through it while scribbling notes and ticking boxes.  The questions focused a lot around a sample prescription for a fictional patient prescribed Nitrazepam, Endone and Diclofenac and covered issues around the legal requirements for a controlled drug prescription and the requirements for reporting forged prescriptions.  There were also questions around general requirements for possession of pharmacy keys and scheduling of medicines.

They could not tell me whether I had passed or failed as they had to consult with the PBA, however I left feeling generally quite confident, as both the examiners were smiling when I left so I can't have done too badly.

By the end of the day tomorrow I will have completed my mandatory 152 hours of supervised practice, so providing my exam has gone as well as I hope I will be able to apply for my general registration this weekend.  How long it takes to be granted however is another matter entirely.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment