I had trouble sleeping last night trying to figure out all the timings of everything, as I was reading through the Partner Migration booklet before I went to bed.
Now if you apply for the visa outside of Australia then you have to be outside of Australia when the visa is granted. That is fair enough, and to be honest makes perfect sense. I was beginning to wonder if I should therefore just get the visa form submitted as soon as we got back from holiday as it does take 5-6 months to process (this shouldn't interfere with holiday plans as at this stage of the application as they only need a certified copy of your passport, not the real thing).
However later in the document it states that on successful grant of the visa they will give you a date by which you have to have moved to Australia by, once issued this date cannot be changed! So if I apply too early, we will have to move before we are ready, but if I leave it too late, I'll be stuck in the UK jobless and in a state of limbo.
What the form doesn't say is how long from the grant of the visa this fixed migration date will be....really not helpful for people trying to plan a life changing event!
Adam

No comments:
Post a Comment