Saturday, October 23, 2010

Count Down to Emigration...396 days.

I have been posting a few pictures of Bath that I've entitled 'What we will be leaving behind'.  As much as I love living here I know there is one thing we will be missing more than Bath itself.  Living in the UK makes travelling around the world so easy.  Nice long weekend breaks around Europe, for example, will be an impossibility once we are in Australia.  Australia is such an isolated place that going anywhere outside of the country becomes a long haul flight.  I have known B for 6 and a half years now, and his desire to live somewhere that travel is so hard from, is hard to reconcile with his personality.  Although B had lived in Australia for a long time before coming to the UK, I do worry that after living here for so long he might have gotten a little too used to the British lifestyle to re-acclimatise to the antipodean one.

Still it looks likely that we will be having one last big holiday on the way over to Australia.  After going to the travel agent earlier this month, I think we have agreed on South/Central America for a couple of months backpacking from the end of November 2011.  The plan is to get a round the world ticket, this way we can make up our plans as we go along.  Hopefully this will satisfy B's travel itch for long enough for us to get settled.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment