Well let's try this again. I just wrote this blog post whilst sat with B at his work, drinking a complimentary cup of coffee, just for the wifi to cut out and wipe the whole thing. Half of what I wrote is irrelevant now that I am home, so I will just have to leave you with the knowledge there are some things you will never know.
Anyway, I am officially on holiday now, unlike B who still has to work tonight. Then tomorrow we fly to Croatia. Neither of us has been to Croatia before so this is going to be an adventure for both of us. We have done remarkably little preparation for this trip apart from book the flights and the accommodation, so we really have no idea what to expect, other than the fact that it will be one of our last European holidays for a long time.
In what I would consider an over reaction B has decided to cancel all the direct debits out of a distrust of the banking system, and a fear they will continue taking money when we have gone. What he doesn't seem to understand is that we will have to close his bank account before we go anyway, and with it all the direct debits will be cancelled automatically. So now we have to potentially spend the last two months in the UK with no Internet, gas or electricity. The other big money issue I have to worry about is my student loan, I still haven't decided whether or not I should use my savings to pay off my student loan before I go. After all I am not going to transfer it to Australia at the moment because the exchange rate is so bad, and it might at least save me some of the interest the loan would accrue.
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment