Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Off call

Perhaps the 'last' that I have been looking forward to the most. As of yesterday I have officially come off from my very last on-call, and although it was a Monday night, I probably celebrated a little too hard, as we also had our 'last' dinner party before we get rid of our dinning table and chairs. As far as on-calls went it was a quite unremarkable one, with very few calls, and none of them particularly challenging. Still the relief of knowing I will never have to pick up that pager again is undeniable. Technically I am still on the on-call rota until my last day, and so if someone leaves or is off sick, I may still get called in to do more, my weekends are so booked up now that I couldn't do one even if I wanted to, weekdays are another story. There is still also the possibility that I end up getting a hospital pharmacy job in Australia which will require an on-call commitment, either if I don't manage to find a community pharmacy job, or I find I dislike community pharmacy more than doing on-calls....if it is even possible to dislike anything more than on-calls!

I e-mailed the pharmacy board of Australia this weekend to try and get some clarity on which pharmacies can oversee the supervised practice, and actually they are quite flexible. Officially ANY hospital or community pharmacy can offer a supervised practice, the only restrictions are, the supervising pharmacist has to have been registered for the last 12 months, and be willing to sign a declaration to say they will comply with the supervised practice requirements. They also were kind enough to provide a link to the legislation I need to brush up on to be able to pass the oral legislation exam. Although the oral exam will take the form of clinical scenarios, like the dreaded OSCE's of the pre-reg and diploma, rather than straight forward questions and answers. Still, I need to find somewhere that will hire me before I worry too much about that.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment