Friday, January 27, 2012

Making a house a home

It turned out to be quite a big hassel to get our gas and electricity conected. It seems when the meters were put in, they were regestered as a different address, causing a lot of confusion at the Origin offices. Despite several fraught phone calls we came home today to discover the electricity and gas had been reconected, much to our relief.

Yesterday we went to IKEA and purchased a few basic bits of furniture, a sofa bed, a dinning room table, a couple of chairs and a shelving unit. So our house is less of an empty shell and is starting to feel like a home.

Any time now we should be getting a knock at the door from the people delivering our washing machine and fridge. It is therefore very lucky our electricity is conected as this means we can now start to buy some perishable goods, and a trip to Preston market is planned for tomorrow to fill our fridge.

Last night B phoned his old boss, and friend, from 20 years ago and it seems his job search is at an end, although he wont be able to start for another couple of weeks. I travelled up to a pharmacy in Epping and although I have not heard yet whether or not I can work there, I left feeling very possitive, the pharmacist spent a lot of time with me , showing me their dispensing system and explaining some of their procedures. I'm expecting a call this evening, fingers crossed.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment