Thursday, May 19, 2011

Count Down to Emigration...189 Days.

During our holiday we have now gone past the 200 day mark, it is now looking scarily close to becoming a reality, and despite this numerical milestone, I still do not feel any closer to being ready for this move. In fact the confirmation of my exam date, as mentioned in my previous post is the only thing to have changed since last month.

I still have no news of my visa progress a crucial part of the whole process, in fact it is the cornerstone on which the whole emigration rests. Without a valid visa, everything we have done to get to this point will have been for nothing, all the paperwork processed and the money spent, the constant nagging of friends for statutory declarations or references, but does this thought scare me? In short YES, it bloody petrifies me! Now my rational brain tells me there is no reason why they should not grant it, but does that mean I can feel any calmer about it? No.

The visa application can take up to 6 months to process, or so they say, but is that 6 months from when I first submitted the form in February, or from when they received the last piece of paperwork in April. Even if it is the former, it could still take until August to find out.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment