Thursday, May 19, 2011

CAOP

While on holiday I received confirmation of my CAOP exam date and venue. Luckily it hasn't changed from the provisional date I was given, so at least I know I have got the time off work. The exam will be held 2 weeks tomorrow at the Eurocentres in London (near Victoria station). It is a 3 hour open book exam, consisting of multiple choice questions, including calculations and a short answer question, that takes the form of writing a letter or something similar.

The second book I need for the exam which I had ordered before the holiday still hasn't arrived, although the money has been taken. It was apparently dispatched on the 29th April, so really should be here soon. I am a little worried it wont arrive until after the exam!

There is not really much I can do to revise for the exam, but I am spending a bit of time trying to get myself more familiar with the allowed texts (well the ones I have), and doing some practice calculations. An advantage of the CAOP exam over the pre-reg exam is that you are allowed a calculator!

A pharmacist at work has put me in touch with another pharmacist in the same position as me, so I now have someone to share my experiences with, and gain from her experiences. She is planing to move to Melbourne with her husband in October, but has only just booked onto the September exam, so although she will move before me, I will have done the exam first, still if I fail, I might end up meeting her in person at the resit.

B and I bought our train tickets to London yesterday, B wanted to make a whole holiday of it, by going down the night before, but at this short notice there seems to be no available cheap accommodation, so instead we are leaving very early on the morning of the exam, and just having to hope there are no delays. After the exam we hopefully will be able to get some theatre tickets, and have dinner in London, before coming home.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment