Thursday, July 21, 2011

Count Down to Emigration...130 days.

Well, I am beginning to doubt my ability to take part in the Bristol half marathon. I tried going for a run yesterday, just on a treadmill at the gym, but the pain in my foot forced my to stop after less than 2 miles. 1 week obviously wasn't enough time to rest it.

My second attempt at selling on ebay is not going well, the 2 jackets B wants to sell have been on ebay since Sunday, but have attracted no interest at all. Much like the bed and desk we advertised on gumtree. I feel the jackets might have done better if we put a lower asking price on them, but too late now, we will let them run their week on ebay, and if we need to re-post them, we can review the price then.

We have started looking at places for rent in Melbourne, there does seem to be a lot on offer, and although it is generally very expensive, there does seem to be a lot of more affordable places available in some quite nice relatively central areas. Not all of them flats. This is promising, as although friends have made offers of accommodation, which we are grateful for, having our own place would be desirable, especially once our shipping container arrives.

There is no more news to report on the job front, as well as researching the PBS, I need to clarify the pharmacy board of Australia requirements. In order to secure my supervised practice I need to gain temporary registration with them. I am wondering if that is possible to organise from the UK, as it is not looking likely at the moment. I really can't afford to be out of work for long, so the more I can sort before we go the better.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment