The weeks are flying by now. Visa obtained, COAP exam passed. The main activity occupying our time is planning our route through south east Asia. Our tickets take us to Singapore, and from there we will fly to Bangkok. We will spend a little time in Thailand, flying down to Krabi, and taking a trip to Phi Phi island. From Thialand we have decided we will fly to Siem Reap in Cambodia, it is a lot more expensive than going overland, but a lot more convenient as it will help us avoid having to go back to Bangkok. We will spend a few days in Siem Reap, so that we have plenty of time to enjoy all the beauty of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and all the other temples and monuments in the area. We will probably then get a bus or boat down to Phnom Pehn. From Phnom Pehn we will possibly get the bus again to enter into Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City. From Ho Chi Minh City we will fly up to Hanoi where we will be able to see the UNESCO world heritage site of Ha Long Bay. From Hanoi we will then fly to Vientiane in Laos and from Laos we will head straight to Indonesia, where we will stay until we need to get back to Singapore for our onwards flight to Melbourne.
This plan is still going to have the potential to change, as the only thing we have managed to book so far, is the hotel in Siem Reap, the most important part of the trip in my mind.
I have finally given in and joined B in starting to pack up things I don't think I will need until we get to Australia. I made a big start sorting out my clothes, I now have a large bag to drop off at the charity shop and a large bag of clothes I can live without until we get to Australia. This means that all my remaining clothes now fit into ONE wardrobe for the first time in years!
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment