Can't believe it is October already, although the weather would indicate otherwise. My sister came down yesterday in a white van to take away the next load of furniture we need to offload, this includes our king sized bed, a chest of drawers, a large flower pot, two elephants and a glass coffee table. We are still stuck with our sofa and TV cabinet to shift. Perhaps the biggest problem we have is that no-one is showing any interest in buying our car. We still haven't tried putting it on Autotrader yet, just Gumtree. Despite the annoying adverts, I did have a look at we-buy-any-car.com, and they gave a quote of £105, which isn't brilliant, but still better than nothing, and we might have to settle for that. There is always the option of getting it scraped, as we may still get some money for it that way.
Our travel plans are nearly complete, there are still a couple of places we need to confirm our accommodation for, including HCMC and Siem Reap. We also need to sort out somewhere to stay for when we arrive in Australia. The current thinking is we will try and book a hostel for a week, and during that time we will try and sort out something a bit more permanent.
I have made another attempt at applying for jobs now we are getting closer to leaving, and last night I sent off my CV to 7 more pharmacies, including one hospital pharmacy. I know I say I don't want to do on-calls any more, but a grade 3 renal pharmacist job looks like a very good job, and to be honest I am worried about what will happen if I can't find a job at all. B on the other hand looks all set job-wise, as another friend of his has already made him a job offer.
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment