Sunday, March 4, 2012

How much Longer?

I received an e-mail from the friend of a friend who has gone through the PBA's  registration process yesterday.  She informed me it took her 8 weeks just to get her limited registration, and another 2 weeks after completing her supervised practice to get full registration.  Apparently they only process overseas pharmacist requests once a month, which means I could have a long wait  ahead of me.  Ironically enough she is now moving back to the UK.

She also sent me a list of the questions she was asked for her legislation exam.  The legislation exam is an informal oral exam, but it lasts for an hour.  The questions involve examining the issues around sample prescriptions, the deferent schedules of medicines, emergency supplies, forgery and many other similar issues.  I still have a lot to learn, but at least I have time to start learning before my supervised practice starts which should give me a bit of a head start.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment