Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One step forward, two steps back.

Let me start with the good news, as well as having 5 shifts this week at the restaurant with B, I got a call from the Pharmacist at Epping who I will be doing my supervised practice with, asking if I could do a job for him while I wait for my registration to come through.  It will just be data entry, nothing too taxing, but it is something I can do in my mornings whilst still work at the restaurant in the evenings.  Any extra money is a bonus.

Now for the negative, first I had an e-mail from Pickfords and it seems B's bike...the one we had to pay extra to add to the shipping doesn't seem to have arrived with everything else.  So it is very likely we will end up having to claim for it on the insurance.  At least we know the rest of the delivery is with Australian customs now, so should be with us very soon.

The second piece of bad news was a letter I received from a debt collection company requesting the overpayment that I received from my old job.  The one I payed back a month ago.  I have even checked my bank account and the cheque has cleared, so why they sent this letter I have no idea.  Still I e-mailed them back to tell them I had already settled the debt, and the RUH payroll to get them to call off the blood hounds.  The most frustrating thing is the letter was dated the 8th February and gave a deadline of the 15th February....I received the letter today on the 21st March!

Adam


No comments:

Post a Comment