We had a very eventful weekend, for all the right reasons. A dear friend Chris, who moved to Cambridge over a year ago now, came to stay, and two other friends, David and Kirsty announced their engagement. So lots of good food and far too much alcohol.
After a fun day of rowing up the river Avon, I think I'm beginning to realise just how much I will miss all my friends when we move to Australia. I have never found it easy to make new friends, and I have to know someone for quite a while before I can feel as relaxed and happy as I do with these people. To have to go somewhere and start completely from scratch is a very daunting prospect.
This is not me having second thoughts, I am still just as excited and keen as ever, I'm just very scared at the same time.
As David and Kirsty are unlikely to get married within the next 430 days we will have to come back for the wedding, and everyone will have to come and visit us too.
My visa application is also nearing completion, with the first statutory declarations due to arrive soon, I will soon have everything I need to submit ready to send off to the Australian embassy in London. I should really get a new passport before I submit my application form as it is going to expire very soon...the trouble is, if B keeps booking holidays, I'm never going to find the time!
Adam
We'll miss you too!! Kirsty xxx
ReplyDelete