Saturday, September 11, 2010

Count Down to Emigration...439 days.

It has been a while since I have done anything about my visa application, as we have been on holiday, and then I was distracted by being on-call.  It is therefore time I got things kick started again!

The next rate limiting step; obtaining statutory declarations. 

So this is a plea to all those who know us to please complete a statutory declaration for us.  For Australian citizens you will need to use the form 888, for British citizens it can be written on normal writing paper.  We will require a minimum of two declarations but the more the merrier!!

The declarations will need to state how you know both Barnadi and me, examples of when you have seen us as a couple, and some confirmatory statement to indicate you feel our relationship is genuine and lasting.

My APC application has also hit a bit of dead end.  This is in part to do with changes here in the UK. 

As of the 27th September the RPSGB will cease to be.  In its place will be the GPhC, and so all my registration documents will change (even more documents to get certified copies of).  This will mean the 'letter of good standing' will have to be from the GPhC, not the RPSGB, and I haven't worked out how to get that yet, but I expect it will involve more money. 

Another important change that is coming with the GPhC is the removal of a non-practicing register, so this means I will no longer be able to stay on the register in the UK when I go to Australia (unless I pay the full fees which are getting extortionately expensive), this will make it harder to work in the UK if we ever decided to come back.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment