Sunday, December 19, 2010

Count Down to Emigration...340 days.

It has been 140 days now since I started writing this blog.  Although our pans to move to Australia far outdated that.  Somehow that act of writing down our plans has in itself motivated me to work harder at making them a reality.

B first moved to Bath in 2001, the same year as me in fact although we didn't know each other then of course.  As you may be aware, B loves to travel and his plan was always to come to the UK as a working holiday, using it as a hub to travel around Europe, something which is very hard to do from Australia.  When I first met B in 2004 he made it very clear that this was still his plan, and so having fallen madly in love with him I agreed to move to Australia with him, but first he had to let me finish me degree, complete my pre-registration year, and maybe get a post graduate diploma in clinical pharmacy first!  He must have loved me enough too, because he agreed.  Our plans were all moving along smoothly, I passed my degree with a 2:1, and my pre-registration year at Frenchay hospital went without a hitch, I even managed to get my diploma done.  So by 2010 we thought we would be ready to move.  But as is frequently the way of life, plans had to change.  I was given a job offer I couldn't refuse.  So here we are coming up to the last few days of 2010 and we are still in Bath, with a new deadline: 23rd November 2011.

As you can see our plans have had to change in the past, so there is still no guarantee that in 340 days time we will be ready to move.  I am scared however that if we do not make it this time we may never make it.  Neither of us are getting any younger, and it will be a massive change in both our lives.  Even though B has spent most of his adult life in Australia, he has gotten so used to small town life here in Bath, it will be a huge upheaval for him, as well as me.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment