Well as you can tell from my recent posts, the plans to move to Australia have suddenly become much more tangible. I have received my visa, we have bought our tickets and I have passed my exam. This has now made B panic, as we only have 22 weeks to go, he is worried that we will not have time to pack!
There is still a lot of stuff we will need to sell/leave to a charity shop or simply throw away, there is no way we can take all our stuff with us. As well as all the physical stuff, there is still a lot of other things that need organising. Such as cancelling our utility bills, returning our wireless router to orange, transferring our money and closing our bank accounts and planning our leaving party.
One thing that I will need to sort is my student loan. I used to think that when I left the country, I could stop paying, and therefore not worry about it. But unfortunately I noticed on my previous statement that if you do not inform them you are moving abroad they WILL chase you and fine you lots of money. I am wondering if I could just pay it all off before we go, I do have just enough money in my ISA, but I would much rather keep that money for things we want, like a deposit for a house. It is very depressing to think about it.
We have managed to sort out our mobile phones though, we have cancelled our contracts and are now on pay-as-you go, so we will keep the same numbers until we can get a new mobile in Australia.
B has sent off his application for his British Passport this week, and it should take approximately 2 weeks to come through. He used the post office check and send service, so there shouldn't be any problems with it.
I now need to start applying for jobs, I started editing my CV yesterday, now I need to compose a covering letter, then I will start sending it out. Now my CV states I have an appropriate working visa and have passed my CAOP exam, they should hopefully take my application more seriously.
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment