Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bristol Half

It is only a month to go now until the Bristol half marathon, and we still haven't had any real confirmation of our places.  This is not too surprising as it is still open for people to join, so maybe they haven't had a chance to band everyone by ability yet.

As I have mentioned before my training has been sporadic, I still can't get the motivation to run on my own, so running depends a lot on when both B and I are free....and the weather is good enough.  Other things that have got in the way include holidays and injuries.  My foot now seems to have completely healed as it doesn't seem to be causing me any pain any more.

My biggest problem now is the rather embarrassing issue of chaffing.  I need to find the right combination of clothes that are light and breathable enough, that also don't rub!  We had to stop our run today early because my inner thighs were too sore to continue....obviously this pair of shorts is not going to be the one I wear for the real thing.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment