Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Count Down to Emigration...111 days.

It has been a very busy week, my Mother and sister came across to Bath to visit.  It was my Mothers birthday on Tuesday and so this was the main indication for their visit.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any time off work, so we had to make do with just the evenings together.  During the day they managed to entertain themselves by visiting nearby attractions such as Wells, Cheddar and Bradford-on-Avon.

Then on Friday after work we drove up all the way to Maccelsfield to visit my friend Kathryn for her birthday.  Kathryn moved to Maccelsfield approximately 5 years ago and we always said we would visit her, but always put it off.  It seems moving to Australia gave us the push we needed to follow up the threat of a visit.  It was certainly a good weekend, but the long drives, rambles over the peaks and late nights have certainly taken their toll as I am completely knackered now.

On Sunday the ebay auction (or should I say re-auction) of B's coats failed to sell either.  This was with a price cut and so I think we are going to be stuck with them.  Our next big sale item however will be the car, but when to sell it?  Now we have done our big weekend to Maccelsfield it makes sense that we sell it now, but if we do then we will have to stop our weekend trips.

One rather surprising thing to happen today.  The book I ordered for my exam, way back in April...you remember the one that never arrived, and so I ended up having to get a refund.  Well it finally made it to our door, only 4 months late.  I know need to make up my mind what to do next, shall I return it, or keep it and pay for it...again!  It looks like quite a good book, but then it is one that needs updating every year, so not sure if it will be worth keeping now, especially as I have already passed my exam.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment