Our runners packs arrived for the Bristol half marathon during the week. We have consecutive numbers and form part of the slow half of the 1st wave of runners (coloured Yellow). There is also the chip that tracks your time, and a leaflet including the route map. B still wants to go for a recce in Bristol, to get a feel for the course, but we are seriously running short on time.
The half marathon is now only 2 weeks away, meaning we should try and get one last big practice run in this week, before we have a week of rest to prepare. Although I have now done some runs over 9 miles, every time I gain a new blister, or sore patch where clothes have rubbed a little. I still haven't come up with the perfect combination of clothing to reduce this. I am now reserved to the fact that I will be in huge amounts of pain for the few days or weeks after the race. One positive thing to note, is that even with the blisters and the chaffing, I've always felt I could run further, whether I can run another 3 and a half miles or not, I will have to wait for the day to find out.
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment