I really can't believe we are only 276 days away from our planned emigration. B has spent most of this morning packing up some of the smaller nic-naks and ornaments that we will be taking to Australia with us, leaving another empty display cabinet to sell. The likelihood of us fitting everything into a small container is beginning to look very slim. B is getting very sad thinking the house will start to look normal without all his stuff on display. He has already taken all the display boxes down from the walls, and the front room looks like a second hand furniture shop.
I got my 3rd set of passport photos taken today, although it took more attempts to get it right than it should have done, as B was standing outside the booth constantly making me laugh. Still they are done now so that I can take them to work with me tomorrow and get someone to certify it's a true likeness, then that will be the police check form ready to send off.
I am still concerned about when I am going to find time for the health check. The nearest panel doctor to us is in Cardiff, I have found the website for the clinic itself which does quote the prices of the medical check. £290 for the medical and an extra £42.50 for a hep B and a hep C screen (each).
Our actual travel plans are coming along too, last weekend we went to a couple of different travel agents to look at our options for getting a round the world ticket via South America. This is looking like setting us back another £1700 each, but is flexible and obviously gives us enough stops to get back to London at some point in 2012. Before we can book it we do need to decide on the dates for all the stops, at least for the outward journey.
I have still not heard back from the pharmacist that Dr Michael gave me the contact details for, but maybe when he heard I was not even going to arrive in Australia until January he lost interest. Well I can always try and contact him again nearer the time. Michael has even asked if I wanted him to check with another pharmacy he uses at his South Yarra practice, so there are still plenty of options out there, and things aren't as bleak as I was beginning to think. But then again maybe I am getting ahead of myself, I am still in the dark as to what the judgement of the APC is going to be. I sent my application off about 3 weeks ago now, and they did say it may take 5-6 weeks to process. Their ability to process the application also relies on the GPhC doing their bit and forwarding on the letter of good standing, which I am wondering if they have done yet, as it seemed a bit coincidental that after I sent off the form my CPD record gets recalled.
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment