Sunday, February 20, 2011

Visa application

I am now at the second stage of my visa application.  One thing I can say about the Australian High Commission, they are fast.  Yesterday they sent me an e-mail to let me know they had received the further supporting documents I sent, whilst also posting us back the originals of all the others.

There are now 2 more things I need to do:

1st I need a character check, this will take the form of a police certificate known as an ACRO, or the Association of Chief Police Officers Criminal Records Office Police Certificate.  Catchy, no?  This should be relatively simple, as it only takes about 10 days to process, and costs a reasonable £35.  Unfortunately I do need to get some more passport photos done....this will be the third set since I started this whole process!

2nd and slightly more hassle will be the medical check.  This needs to be done by a registered panel doctor, and also involves having to have a chest x-ray.  The closest panel doctor to us is in Cardiff, so it is likely I will end up needing at least a whole day off work to organise this.  I can't imagine it will be cheap either.  I'm not sure when I will be able to organise this for, being the end of the holiday year everyone at work has been busy trying to use up their annual leave,  it is likely there wont be any leave available until April.  Still I will e-mail the practice today and see what times they are open, being a private practice I may get lucky and find they open weekends.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment