Friday, March 18, 2011

Bristol Half.

It's amazing how quickly a situation can change. After B ran the Bath half marathon he has become hooked, and he instantly decided he wanted to apply to run the Bristol half marathon too. Despite my earlier assertions that I wouldn't want to join him, I found my self strangely drawn to the idea. I have now registered along with him to enter the 2011 Bristol half marathon, which is to be held in September. Part of the reason behind my change of heart, is the fact that the Bristol course looks like a very pretty route, going round the harbour and under the Clifton suspension bridge, I also think the atmosphere at the Bath half marathon was quite contageous, and somehow I feel it would be a good achievment to be able to say "I did that". Also I quite like the idea of having a nice shiny medal!

Anyway, I now need to seriously think about when to start my training. Obviously B has a massive head start having run the Bath half just recently. I am going for a walking weekend this weekend in the Brecon Beacons, so wont really be able to start until next week, then we also have a big holiday in April and May, which will interupt any plans to have a set running timetable.

A big part of me is also thinking I must be mad, but maybe once I start running I'll find it just as addictive as B has.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment