Wednesday, March 23, 2011

B's British Citizenship.

Just before the weekend B managed to get a chance to go to the Guildhall in Bath and book an appointment to have his citizenship application chacked. He had his appointment today, and so everything is now in the hands of the home office. They even say we might hear back within as short a time as 3 months. I can't believe how quick this all seems, especially considering how long and complicated my own visa application seems to be. I suppose that is because I am forgeting about all the visas that have come before it, and how much work they all took. With a little bit of luck B should even have time to get a British passport before we leave for Australia.

There is one thing B really isn't looking forward to when he becomes a British citizen, and that is the citizenship ceremony. This might seem odd to anyone who knows B, and how much he loves to be the centre of attention, even when he says he doesn't! When he became an Australian citizen he managed to avoid the embaressment of the ceremony by moving straight to the UK. I'm not sure he will be able to get away with that one again.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment