Friday, October 28, 2011

Count Down to Emigration...1 Month.

It is exactly 1 month (31 days) until we got an a plane at Heathrow airport and leave the UK to start our new life in Australia.  Well a new life for me, for B it will be more like returning to his old life.  We have been waiting for this moment for so long now, it hasn't really sunk in how close it all is to actually happening.

My biggest, not fear exactly but anxiety, is finding a job.  The pharmacist I was put in contact with by a mutual friend at work has now arrived in Melbourne, but is struggling to find anywhere that will support her through her supervised practice.  I still haven't had any replies from any of the jobs I applied for either.  We have a fair amount of money saved up, so although it is not critical that I get a job straight away, I can't help feeling that the more we have to rely on our savings the less likely we will ever be able to afford a house of our own.

Our house here is very empty now that our sofa has gone we have next to no furniture left.  As well as sleeping on the floor, we are eating on the floor and sitting on the floor to watch TV.  Not that it is our house of course, we are only renting of course, a fact that was driven rudely home by the distinctly aggressive reaction of our landlady after an enquiry about the return of our deposit.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment