Saturday, November 26, 2011

Count Down to Emigration...1 Day.

The count down is nearly at an end, tomorrow we will be re-packing one last time before heading across to Heathrow airport where we will make our first steps towards our new life in Australia.  (Australia and not Oz, after watching Wicked the other day I have decided to download all 14 of L. Frank Baum's books on the wonderful land of Oz, for my holiday reading).

This morning we will get a lift into Tunbridge Wells with my Mother, she is insisting that she owes us a dinner, although I am not sure where she wants to go.  Hopefully I will also have some time to myself to just have a wander around town, to see how much has changed since I was last there.  The weather is not looking so good today, and if it does end up raining then I might have to change my plans.  Hopefully I shall also have some time to spend with my Father and Half sisters family.

We did get to see everyone all together last night, as my sister organised a final family gathering.  It was a pleasant evening, and we even managed to take some good family photo's.  As I mentioned previously, this was the first time so much of my family had been in the same room together since my wedding.  It will also be a long time (if ever) before it happens again.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment