It's early in the morning, well early for an unemployed bum like me, with nowhere to go and nothing to do. We are staying at my sisters house which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. We got the train to Tunbridge Wells later than originally planned as one of B's friends wanted to meet for lunch before we left London. Anyway my brother-in-law picked us up at the station to drive us back to his house where we are now staying until we fly on Sunday. It always feels strange coming back to Tunbridge Wells, I grew up there, but it defiantly no longer feels like home, not in the way I have come to see Bath. I expect that will soon change once we are settled in Melbourne, it will be very strange to visit Bath as a tourist. We should have some time tomorrow to have a proper walk around Tunbridge Wells, and see if I can muster up any nostalgia.
Tonight my sister, Rachel, has organised a big family dinner which will be a good chance to say goodbye to everyone all at once. It will however be a little strange as the last time my Mother and Father had to exist in the same room was at our wedding, 4 and a half years ago.
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment