Although I have already had my official last Christmas in Bath, we celebrated a rather unofficial Christmas yesterday. Still with mulled wine, minced pies, Christmas crackers, a tree, decorations, presents and 'It's a Wonderful life' on the TV, it felt pretty real to me. This Christmas B and I will be staying in Saigon, so our friends decided to bring Christmas forward a month so we could all celebrate together. Our 'Christmas Day' begun around 1pm and continued until about 1am, and almost all of that time was taken up with eating. My friend David planned to film the day so that he could submit the footage to the 'Britain in a Day' project being carried out by the BBC, but in the end very little videoing was done, so I don't know whether he will bother or not.
Today is really the last weekend we have to finish packing before we go, as next weekend will be taken up by our leaving party. Saying that B will be finishing work on Wednesday so he will have a couple of extra days to clear the house without me distracting him. To be honest we have done as much as we can until Pickfords come and take everything away for us. I have finally gotten around to completing the customs form so I will have to drop that off at the Pickfords office at some point this week.
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment