Yesterday was a very eventful day, unfortunately for all the wrong reasons. I decided it would be a good day to print off all the remaining hotel booking vouchers. There had been a few changes after all, for example our Singapore hotel decided to cancel on us. We also still need to decide where to book for the 26th-29th December, but we might leave that until we are in Saigon. Anyway back to the point, I was checking through all the vouchers, sorting them into chronological order, when I spotted that we had booked two different hotels for our time in Bangkok! Whoops! So after checking to see which had the best reviews, we finally decided on which to cancel. I don't understand how we manged to make the mistake, but at least we spotted it before incurring a massive cancellation fee.
I did a lot more packing yesterday, mainly clothes. My wardrobe is now very empty, with just enough shirts to see me through my last 6 days at work. Whilst I was upstairs ironing the remainder of my shirts there was an almighty crash from downstairs. I ran straight down (after turning the iron off, of course) to find B in the kitchen amongst the remains of our kitchen ceiling. After our recent encounter with the landlady, we decided to call her instantly to let her know. She promised to come around today, but she never showed up. It seems the house is determined to keep our deposit. On a more serious note, B is lucky to get away with only a few bruises!
The air-mattress we had been using as a sofa has also died a death this week. The stitching had all come loose, causing it to balloon up at one end. We are now back on the slightly less comfortable garden chairs....or as we are now, on the floor.
Finally, on a slightly more positive note, I have bought everyone's Christmas presents now. I just hope that they are delivered in time.
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment