Sunday, November 28, 2010

Count Down to Emigration...360 days.

I have been up since 3am this morning, after having to get up early to drive B to the airport for his holiday to Malta.  Not that I'm jealous or anything, why would I be jealous of him going to a sunny Mediterranean island whilst I'm stuck in the freezing cold UK?  Unfortunately I couldn't go as I have used up all my annual leave for the year.  In fact the only reason B had enough annual leave was because he took some unpaid leave earlier in the year.  This has caused some controversy as his boss is now saying he doesn't have enough leave left for this holiday and will have to take it as unpaid leave.  So frustrating, especially as we are really trying to save as much money as possible before we move.

The weather across the UK has taken a sudden drop in temperature, with snow covering most of the country, (sorry I am British, so I have to talk about the weather).  It reminds me of when we were last in Australia, and the people we were staying with were so worried about how cold it was, whilst B and I were walking around in shorts.  I still remember her saying, in relation to the temperature along the Mornington peninsula:
"....it's like a Scottish cold, it chills you to the bone...."
Well last night in Scotland it dropped to -19 degrees Centigrade...........Now that is cold!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment