So I managed to post my application for my new passport today, special delivery. The post office do a 'check and send' service for passport applications but after the number of home office forms I've had to fill in recently, I feel I am a pro. Compared to the Australian Visa application a passport renewal form is a doddle! Now I've said that though I'm sure I've now forgotten something that will cause hideous delays.
Once I get my new passport I'll then be able to get all my documents certified. I still won't be able to send off my application for my visa or APC assessment though, as I am still waiting to receive enough statutory declarations and references.
The cost of this move is going to be big, all the different application forms add up quite considerably on their own. (all costs as currently quoted on day of posting)
Australian visa application = $1,735 AUS
Australian Pharmacy Council assessment = $500 AUS
APC COAP exam = $1,350 AUS
Letter of good standing = £77 GBP
Notary officer (to certify copies of all my documents) = £220 per hour GBP!!!
I haven't even included in here the shipping costs, or the costs of setting up home once we get there. It is a good job we have been using this time to save using a cash ISA. I suppose this is why we decided to stay another couple of years....although saying that 368 days to go....just over a year to go!!
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment