Friday, June 10, 2011

Count Down to Emigration...167 days.

I did it.  I managed to get next Wednesday morning off work, 'provided I can still cover my wards' of course.  Still  two wards, a monitoring visit and some student teaching should easily fit into a half day...shouldn't it?  At least it means I can go and support B at his citizenship ceremony.

B picked me up from work today in the car, he had just collected it from the garage after it's MOT.  B always enjoys driving after the car has had some work done to it, as he feels it is always better for it.  Anyway we now have to think about selling the car, whilst it still has a full MOT.  As well as the car B is getting ready to shift a lot of our larger items, he has already dismantled the spare bed, and is talking about selling our dinning room chairs.  I'm trying to delay that one, because if we have no more dinning room chairs, we will have no more dinner parties.  Today he also gave away a large peace lilly and some other plants to one of our neighbours.  It was during this transaction that we learnt that Fatso the cat has died.  No really this time.  Apparently she had lung cancer, and had been poorly for some time.  She died back in April at the ripe old age of 17.

The TV show 'Cash in the Attic' sent us an application form, we now have to think of 20 or more items we would be willing to sell by auction.  I have e-mailed them back to check when they plan to film, because there wont be any point if it's not until after November.

It has now been one week since I took the CAOP exam, so only three more weeks to go until I find out my results.  I am trying not to think too much about it, after all it's too late to change what I have already done.

Our travel plans are now definitely involving south east Asia instead of south America.  This weekend we will go to Bristol and see what deals the travel agents can offer us.  Speaking of Bristol we are still training for the Bristol half marathon, and have just got back from  short training run now.  I am very concerned about how I am going to make it, as I have not managed a practice run over 5 miles.

We are also making a bit of progress looking for somewhere to live.  A couple of B's friends have houses or rooms to rent, both in the Eastern Melbourne suburbs.  Even if this isn't where we want to end up living, it is still a good start.  If we can arrange to have somewhere to live before we arrive, it means we can have a forwarding address, and saves me from having that horrible feeling of being homeless while we are in transit.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment